St Francis Animal & Bird Hospital offers a comprehensive Hospice & Palliative Care Services Program, a very unique service in the Twin Cities. Upon enrolling in this program, you will have a one-hour consultation with your hospice care veterinarian either in the clinic or, for existing St Francis clients, in the comfort of your own home.
Hospice & Palliative Care Program: Initial Consultation: $175-225
This consultation includes:
- Full medical record review prior to or after your appointment.
- Comprehensive physical examination.
- Personalized hospice care plan that is specific to you and your pet.
- Educational binder containing information regarding your pet’s hospice care; resources for ancillary services such as grooming, massage therapy, laser therapy and acupuncture; expectations for euthanasia and natural death; after-care options for your pet’s body; and grief resources. Our goal is to provide you with all of the resources and support that you need throughout this difficult period so you can focus on your loved one.
- A one-hour session with Christine Severance, CVT, CMT, Certified Pet Bereavement Counselor, will be included upon request.
For existing St Francis patients, the cost of the initial consultation is $175. For new patients requiring a full record review from another veterinary clinic, the cost of the initial consultation is $225.
Hospice & Palliative Care Program: Monthly Program: $35 per month
After the initial consultation, you may elect to enroll in our monthly Hospice & Palliative Care Services Program.
This monthly fee includes:
- A dedicated team consisting of a hospice care veterinarian and technician to work side-by-side with you. Your pet’s technician will serve as a liaison between you and your hospice care provider to answer your questions or address your concerns promptly. We will make every effort to return phone calls and emails within 24 hours for our Hospice & Palliative Care Program patients.
- Access to a dedicated email address for our Hospice & Palliative Care Program patients only.
- Access to a private Facebook page to connect with others who are going through or have gone through the difficulties of having a pet in hospice care.
- Option for care within your home, including home euthanasia if desired.
Note: Additional fees will apply; the individual home care services and house call are not included in the monthly fee. Only patients enrolled in the monthly program have the option of home care if desired.
- On a prearranged basis, extended hours may be available for patients in our monthly program.
This is a month-to-month program. You are welcome to continue this program for as long as needed. Please note that the consultation fee and the monthly Hospice & Palliative Care Program fees are nonrefundable.
The monthly fee does not include any services or medications not listed above. Additional fees will apply for follow up examinations, medications, treatments, at-home veterinary care, euthanasia, cremation services, and home euthanasia services. Please see our enclosed list for a full summary of these fees.
Hospice & Palliative Care Program: Hours
Our regular Hospice & Palliative Care Program hours are available as follows:
For those patients enrolled in the monthly Hospice & Palliative Care Program, we will make every effort to provide extended hours based on your pet’s condition. Our extended hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8 am to 4 pm. Extended hours will be on a prearranged basis only.
We are honored that you have chosen the St Francis team to be by your side throughout this process. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (651) 645-2808 or email@example.com.