Happy spring! COVID safety recommendations are ever-changing, and we are working hard to continue changing with them. We are thrilled that vaccination is now widely available and that our local case rates are on the decline. Our goal is to begin letting clients into the clinic again as soon as we can safely do so. In order to mindfully plan for working face-to-face with you, we need some time to develop new protocols, re-train staff, and restructure our appointment flow in a way that keeps both our clients and staff safe. Currently, we anticipate the following updates to protocols for our next phase:
- If you prefer to remain curbside for your visits, you are welcome to do so! Let us know when scheduling your visit if you would like to remain curbside.
- Technician appointments, medication pick-ups, and food pick-ups will remain curbside.
- We will allow one person per visit into the clinic for appointments. Throughout the pandemic, we have allowed two people into the clinic during humane euthanasia visits, and we will continue to do so.
- When your exam room is ready, a staff member will meet you at your vehicle and escort you and your pet directly to your room. Our front door will be locked so that we can carefully control the flow of people into our building. We ask that you continue to have your dog on a leash with an appropriately-fitting harness or collar. We will still utilize a second leash for safe transfer into the building. Cats and small mammals should be transported in a secure carrier.
- Exam rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized in between every client. Every room has its own air purifier.
- We will continue to require masks for staff and clients during interactions at St. Francis. We work in very close contact and our building is a small physical space where maintaining six feet of distance is not always possible. Masking protects our staff members and clients who cannot be vaccinated, and we remain committed to doing everything we can to protect the health of our community.
- Starting June 1st, all St Francis Integrative Services appointments will return to our Integrative Services location at 1235 Larpenteur Ave W. We will allow one person to enter the building for each appointment, and we ask that you wear a mask for the duration of the visit.
We have missed seeing you all in the building and are very excited to be able to see you in-person again soon! Keep a close eye on our newsletter and social media for updates!