Exotic companion mammals (which includes rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, gerbils, hamsters, mice, hedgehogs, and sugar gliders) are quickly growing in popularity, and they need vet care just like our larger companion animals do. The services we offer include:
- Routine wellness care, including vaccinations for ferrets
- Ill pet care, such as management of GI stasis, head tilt, mite infestations, nutritional deficiencies, and infectious disease
- Full laboratory diagnostic services through Avian and Exotic Animal Clin Path Labs and Idexx Labs
- Digital radiography
- Surgical services such as routine spay and neuter procedures, mass removals, and wound care
- Laser therapy for management of bumblefoot
- Dental care for ferrets, including intraoral radiographs and tooth extractions
- Dental care for rabbits, and rodents, including skull radiographs, incisor trimming, shortening of cheek teeth, and simple extractions
- Deslorelin implants for management of adrenal disease in ferrets
We do not see avian species (except for backyard poultry), reptiles, amphibians, or fish. We have several excellent veterinarians in the Twin Cities that we recommend:
Animal Emergency & Referral Center
Dr. Andrew Bean, DVM, MPH, ABVP ECM
1163 Helmo Ave N
Oakdale MN 55128
Avian & Exotic Veterinary Housecall Service, PLLC
Cedar Pet Clinic Lake Elmo
11051 Stillwater Blvd N
Lake Elmo MN 55042
Como Park Animal Hospital
1014 Dale Street N
St Paul MN 55117
Homey Gnome Veterinary Clinic
7013 10th St. North
Oakdale, MN 55128
Valley View Pet Hospital
13600 County Road 11
Burnsville MN 55337
Everything was amazing as always here!
Employees are always very friendly and polite. They were very efficient with the appointment and the social distancing guidelines were well laid out and easy to follow. Definitely recommend this location for Vet services!
Kirsten Wilson, Google Review
The curbside service was so convenient, I don’t think you could’ve made my visit any better!
This is the only veterinarian hospital we’ve ever taken our dog to. They have been caring for him since he was weaned. The staff is professional, responsive, and caring. I highly recommend them.
Vicky Fleming, Google Review
Our 2 dogs and 2 rabbits all go to St. Francis Animal Hospital.
All of the doctors and nurses there are very knowledgeable and well-educated. They are always helpful, kind, caring, compassionate, and always smiling. The new curb-side appointments are yet another example of how well they work. Thank you all so very, very much!
Shelley Markley, Google Review