Unfortunately, our pets eat things they shouldn’t. Some of those items can be toxic to your pet. This page is a work-in-progress, but our hope is to compile articles of some of the most common toxicities your pet may encounter.
If you have concerns about something your pet has ingested, please contact our clinic immediately. If this occurs after-hours, please contact the Animal Emergency & Referral Center in St Paul (651-293-1800) or Oakdale (651-501-3766). Early intervention is critical in many of these situations.
The Pet Poison Helpline is an excellent resource for toxicity questions as well. They are available 24 hours/day, 7 days per week. To learn more, visit www.petpoisonhelpline.com or call (855) 764-7661.
Content prepared by St. Francis Animal and Bird Hospital, 1227 Larpenteur Ave. West, Roseville MN. 55113